Executive Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA)
Dernière mise à jour :
The Executive Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) is a program in research for senior executives. It aims to create management knowledge and share it with all stakeholders (employees, supervisors, customers, suppliers, academic communities, etc.)
Head of DBA Program
- University Professor : Pascal BARNETO
The Executive Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) allows participants to address genuine managerial questions of strategic interest for their organization and provide operational answers. By comparing ideas from an epistemological, methodological, and empirical perspective, this DBA program encourages participants to exchange, debate, and reflect to further their thoughts and knowledge.
It also strives to help participants gain knowledge of the world of academic research to make the connection between professional practice and the latest developments in academic research. A thesis validates an Executive DBA.
Duration and content of the program
The duration of the program is 3 years. The program is compatible with a full-time professional activity, which will start in January 2021.
- 6 hours of tutoring will complete these seminars the first year
- Participants must submit a research article and/or a working paper and defend it at the end of the first year, in September 2022.
- Throughout years 2 and 3 of the DBA, participants will be personally supervised by one or two research professors until they defend their thesis.
- The thesis defense will take place in December 2024.
Who is this program for?
This program is for highly-qualified business leaders with high potential, working in all areas of management and organizations:
- Chief Executive Officers and Managing Directors
- Managers of private and state sector organizations (Chief Financial Officers, etc.)
- Engineers (with previous training in management)
- Business consultants and independent experts (lawyers, chartered accountants, etc.)
- Teachers and lecturers in business schools without a PhD, etc.
To apply for the Executive DBA, you must :
- Have a master's degree or equivalent
- Have a minimum of 8-10 years of professional experience
- Submit a research proposal of 2-3 pages knowledge of English in a professional environment (reading and writing)
How to apply ?
- The first year of the Executive DBA will be validated by a University Diploma in Research of Management Sciences (1) (DU Recherche en Sciences de Gestion). The cost is €2500.
- The cost for years 2 and 3 of the DBA program is €6,500, or €3,250 per year. A University Diploma will validate the Executive DBA from the Bordeaux University (Diplôme Universitaire de Bordeaux) after a successful defense of the thesis.
- The total cost of the DBA: €9,000.
(1) At the end of the first year of the DBA, validated by the University Diploma in Research of Management Sciences (DU Recherche en Sciences de la Gestion), participants who are passionate about academic research and who have demonstrated their ability to engage in top-level research may apply, under certain conditions, to the doctoral school to prepare a Ph.D. in Management Science.
05 56 00 45 23